Subject: Re: Getting the thing to boot
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/07/2006 18:14:04
Stephen Borrill wrote:

> Have I messed up somewhere?

There are two things that come to my mind, you might
want to check. Unfortunatly I have put my Mac asside so I
cannot quickly check.

But as you seam to use /sysutils/hfsutils there are man-pages
to look for the correct syntax.

1- what apple calls blessing, some bit I think hformat can set
and that marks the partition as bootable to OF.

2- the ofwboot.xcf might need to be marked as executable (exec)
also in the resource fork of the hfs filesystem. I think hset
was the command (?)

If that is to vague, I could put the dust of my ibook and have
a look what these two things look there, but this will take until
tomorrow.

//Rudi

--

/"\