Subject: Re: No PCI bridge luck...
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/26/2006 23:27:54
On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 10:39:15AM -0700, John Klos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The four port ethernet card wasn't working. So I installed a PCI bridge
> and a PCI extender to try to get all of the ethernet interfaced I need.
> However, this is what I get:

Since the reason why the 4-port Ethernet doesn't work appears to be that
the system firmware isn't configuring PCI bridges on add-in cards, I
definitely wouldn't expect this to work either!

Is this a Bit3 PCI-PCI bridge?  I thought they were totally defunct.  Is
it a relic, or is someone else selling them now?

Thor