Subject: Re: DISK LABEL : invalid partition (...)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/22/2006 16:33:11
--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

OK, I finally got NetBSD to boot.
> boot hd:2,ofwboot.xcf hd:6

then NetBSD bootloader says: "open hd:6. No such file or directory".
if I enter
Boot: netbsd
I enter in NetBSD but I'm still wondering if my initial PROM command is
right... I tried "boot hd:2,ofwboot.xcf hd:6/netbsd" but got stucked
into a "pretty" grey screen with a (X) in the middle %-)

anyone can complete my PROM command ?
TIA,
	Jo

On Sat, Jul 22 2006 - 14:54, joel@carnat.net wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> that's it, I've done : installed NetBSD 3.0 on my Mac Mini.
> it still dual-boot with MacOS X or at least it is supposed to :)
>=20
> So I have 4 parts on my internal disk:
> - pci2/ata-6@D/@0:2, labeled "boot", formatted in "extended journalised
> macos". it contains ofwboot.xcf from the install CD.
> - pci2/ata-6@D/@0:4, formatted as NetBSD swap during install
> - pci2/ata-6@D/@0:6, formatted as FFSv1 during install
> - pci2/ata-6@D/@0:8, formatted as "extended journalised macos". this is
> where macosx is installed. this is the partition that boots when I enter
> "boot" on PROM prompt.
>=20
> To try booting NetBSD, I do:
> > boot pci2/ata-6@D/@0:2:,\ofwboot.xcf
> And get "DISK-LABEL : invalid partition # can't OPEN:
> pci2/ata-6@D/@0:2:,\ofwboot.xcf"
>=20
> The partition is readable/mounted under MacOS X.
>=20
> same thing when I try "boot hd:2/ofwboot.xcf"
> this is my first time on macppc so I might forget some easy ;)
>=20
> Any idea ?
> TIA,
>    Jo