Subject: Adaptec 4 port ethernet not working
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/05/2006 16:30:00
Hi,

I'm trying to get a 4 port Adaptec AN-6944A/TX ethernet card working on a
macppc machine (which is a Motorola Starmax). In dmesg I see:

ppb0 at pci0 dev 13 function 0: Digital Equipment DC21152 PCI-PCI Bridge (rev. 0x03)
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
pci1: i/o space, memory space enabled
tlp0 at pci1 dev 4 function 0: DECchip 21140A Ethernet, pass 2.2
tlp0: unable to map device registers
tlp1 at pci1 dev 5 function 0: DECchip 21140A Ethernet, pass 2.2
tlp1: broken MicroWire interface detected; setting SROM size to 1Kb
tlp1: sorry, unable to handle your board
tlp2 at pci1 dev 6 function 0: DECchip 21140A Ethernet, pass 2.2
tlp2: broken MicroWire interface detected; setting SROM size to 1Kb
tlp2: sorry, unable to handle your board
tlp3 at pci1 dev 7 function 0: DECchip 21140A Ethernet, pass 2.2
tlp3: broken MicroWire interface detected; setting SROM size to 1Kb
tlp3: sorry, unable to handle your board

Apparently, this board works in other machines running NetBSD going back
to some version of 1.5, but this is happening on both NetBSD-3 and
NetBSD-current.

Any ideas why this isn't working?

Thanks,
John Klos
--
Today is the day that my destiny calls me!
   Meowth