Subject: Re: Total newbie wants to install BSD on G3 PDQ.
From: Brian Durant <globetrotterdk@diplomatic-immunity.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/26/2006 17:17:06
On Jun 24, 2006, at 23:40, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> I think you'd also install plain Darwin and use pkgsrc on top of it to
> install applications.

I downloaded Darwin 602.2 PPC as this seems to match closest to
Jaguar, where my G3 PDQ hits an OS roadblok, but despite the CD i
burned booting and the Apple logo showing up, the circle just keeps
spinning and never actually boots.

BTW, just wanted to mention how nice everyone on the list has been
treating me so far. I hope we aren't getting too OT for the list? I'm
just hoping that someone has some more ideas about getting BSD
installed on my PB.

Cheers,

Brian