Subject: Re: ClearSilver Compile Error
To: Rui Oliveira <rui_oliveira@bigfoot.com>
From: Justin Davis <jrcd83@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/19/2006 01:32:46
------=_Part_108256_26285235.1148027566082

Rui,

I had the same problem with ClearSilver when installing Trac.  I have
forgotten the error message but I had searched for it on google and found a
post somewhere.  My problem was that something in ClearSilver was not being
compiled with the -fPIC flag for the compiler.  (-fpic also works)

I can't remember clearly and did not research it after I fixed my problem
but I think the post I found said the problem was mixing up dynamic and
static libraries or something similiar?  My first error message was with th=
ruby test, so I thought it was ruby's fault but it was not.

My solution was:
add this line in the Makefile-common in clearsilver's directory

CCFLAGS+=3D-fPIC

Make sure you clean the old clearsilver binaries by typing
make clean
before you remake it.  The old binaries caused the same error.

I hope you are having the same error I had and that this helps you.  Sorry =
cannot remember more clearly.

Justin

------=_Part_108256_26285235.1148027566082

Rui,<br>
I have forgotten the
error message but I had searched for it on google and found a post
somewhere.&nbsp; My problem was that something in ClearSilver was not
being compiled with the -fPIC flag for the compiler.&nbsp; (-fpic also
works)<br>
I can't remember clearly and did not research it after I fixed my
problem but I think the post I found said the problem was mixing up
dynamic and static libraries or something similiar?&nbsp; My first
error message was with the ruby test, so I thought it was ruby's fault
but it was not.<br>
My solution was:<br>
add this line in the Makefile-common in clearsilver's directory<br>
CCFLAGS+=3D-fPIC<br>
Make sure you clean the old clearsilver binaries by typing<br>
make clean<br>
before you remake it.&nbsp; The old binaries caused the same error.<br>
I hope you are having the same error I had and that this helps you.&nbsp; S=
orry I cannot remember more clearly.<br>
Justin<br>

------=_Part_108256_26285235.1148027566082--