Subject: Re.: Can't boot
To: None <alsciaukat@gmail.com>
From: David H.Gutteridge <dhgutteridge@sympatico.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/15/2006 22:18:46
>I have a Clamshell iBook, OF version 3. I've installed NetBSD 3.0,
>and copied ofwboot.xcf to my HFS+ partition manually, as the
>installer doesn't seem to do this. I can't boot.

> > boot hd:9,\ofwboot.xcf

>gives me:

While the bootloader outputs more information than that in normal operation,
your example above doesn't include the path to the kernel.  Since you were able
to install NetBSD, that must mean you were able to boot off another medium
before, like CD-ROM or via Ethernet.  Have you tried using the CD-ROM to supply
the bootloader?  With my iBook SE (graphite clamshell), I've used this:

boot cd:,\ofwboot.xcf hd:10,/netbsd

(The partition your kernel is on may vary, of course.)

Dave