Subject: Re: serial console beige G3 installation
To: Miguel Mendez <mmendez@energyhq.be>
From: Mityok <mgmttu@mail.ru>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/02/2006 20:55:45
Hi, Miguel.
I did install NetBSD 2.0.2 (sorry, not 3.0) on my beige G3 and i use
it as a file server with Samba 3. I even put the Promise ATA/66 card
inside and it works fine (the original plan was to install the RAID 0
with vinum but there was no time so far).
I did not use the netboot - I used the CD-ROM booting.
The only thing I did not do is using serial console (I was more lucky
and I had the keyboard - BTW, OFW of my G3 was set to the screen for
some reason - i do not know why).
I hope it helped.
Sincerely, Dmitry

--
Sincerely,
 Mityok                          mailto: press Reply button