Subject: some more progress with 3.0 and current kernel
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/03/2006 23:47:50
Hey,

some updates

as I wrote in the previous email, I was able to build my own kernel. I
now unpacked also the xserver package which has 4.5.0 xfree (finally!).

I can boot and I can run X!!! and it works, apparenly without X patches
needed. That is good news.

the bad part is that my keyboard under X seems a bit mangled.

arrow keys don't work, backspace neither.. I have no mappings for left
and centre right buttons (I tried about everything, last time they were
some F keys) and the LEDs don't work, but maybe they never did work, i
don't recall. Glxgears does might 73fps :)

cheers,

  Riccard