Subject: Re: Bad performance of bmac (bm0) interface (Rev.1 b&w G3) with 100baseTX?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/13/2006 10:40:39
Yes it does use mii to some extent, but the version of bm on the Beige
G3 only supports 10baseT (presumably half duplex only) and does not
visibly attach a PHY. "10BaseT" is the only option listed in ifconfig
and it matches what the switch reports (10baseT-Half Duplex).

This is all that's listed in the dmesg:
bm0 at obio0 offset 0x11000 irq 42,33: address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

The bm in the B&W G3 does do 100 MB-FDX but I can't get to mine to test
with it for a few days. I believe the dmesg on the B&W is the following:

bm0 at macobio0 irq 42,33: address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
lxtphy0 at bm0 phy 0: LXT970 10/100 PHY, rev. 3