Subject: X, keyboard and powerbook
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Hainry <ehainry@free.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/09/2006 17:55:42
Hi guys,

Whenever I launch X, the keyboard of my powerbook becomes quite strange:
instead of azerty (it is a french keyboard), I get ijkl. I would have
done some xmodmap'ing if not for some keys (qsdf for example) that do
nothing (xev does not report anything when I hit them). However, my USB
keyboard works well... Also, in console, everything is fine.=20
Any ideas, suggestions?

The keyboard section of my XFree86Config looks like this:
=20
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	#Driver      "kbd"
	Driver      "keyboard"
	Option	    "Protocol" "wskbd"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/wskbd"
	Option	    "XkbRules" "xfree86"
	Option      "XkbModel" "macintosh"
	Option      "XkbLayout" "fr"
EndSection

(I have tried both kbd and keyboard as Driver, they do the same)

Running NetBSD-Current from yesterday, xsrc from yesterday too. But the
problem was already there with 3.0.

It is a PowerBook 6.4, 12"

Should I send-pr?

--=20