Subject: Powerbook G4 Performace
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Malte Zorn <zorn@cryptox.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/08/2006 22:37:56
--huq684BweRXVnRxX

Hi,
recently, I installed NetBSD macppc on my G4 Powerbook (12").
It went quite well and after solving a couple of issues myself
there is one big problem i was not able to solve yet.
I hope it's going to work with your help.

As the subject aleady tells you, it's the performace i am not really
happy with. I am not sure if it's either the console driver or the
whole CPU support by the kernel, but somehow the system appears really
slow. Not only normal text is scrolling slow over the screen but also
extracting packages.
I am using the GENERIC kernel and it's the same with the install CD.

maybe there is someone out there with same/similiar issues.
so long,
malte

--=20
Malte Zorn | www.thawk.de | zorn@cryptox.org

PGP keyID 8D9A1708
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 8D9A1708

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

--huq684BweRXVnRxX--