Subject: Re: Booting a Powerbook G3 PDQ
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/08/2006 12:49:13
Thanks very much!  There were two or three problems.

- Duh.  I tyed in idel not ide1.  Oddly enough, ideL doesn't exist.

- The PRAM battery is dead and this seems to be causing oddities.  In
particular a

setenv real-base f00000

at times returns

invalid number

or so.

- os/x is installed (and in German, a language I don't read well) but
the nvram command, odddly, doesn't seem to work.

Still, after playing around a bit this morning I was able to
boot the ISO from below and install started.

Thanks very much!

cheers

bruce

--