Subject: Can't boot NetBSD 3.0
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Caleb Metheny <calebme@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/24/2006 18:04:17
------=_Part_2669_3462091.1140833057329

I have installed NetBSD 3.0 on an apple G3 computer (350mhz).

My problem is that when booting NetBSD 3.0 it hangs showing this:

boot device: (unknown)
root device:

I have no idea what to do and after a lot of searching I found this
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#dash-a but not sure if this wil=
fix the problem.

I have been getting a lot of help from the irc.us.ircnet.net #NetBSD but th=
server seems to be down. If you need anymore information just ask. Oh and t=
warn you I am a complete newbie. Everything I am doing is new to me/learnin=
expierence I have little or now Idea what exactly is going on. I have just
been following the suggestions off the IRC and from the following guides:

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2004/01/19/0000.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2004/01/19/0000.html

I look foward to a reply!

------=_Part_2669_3462091.1140833057329

I have installed NetBSD 3.0 on an apple G3 computer (350mhz).<br><br>My pro=
blem is that when booting NetBSD 3.0 it hangs showing this:<br><br>boot dev=
a lot of searching I found this=20
etbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#dash-a</a> but not sure if this will fix th=
e problem.<br><br>I have been getting a lot of help from the <a href=3D"htt=
p://irc.us.ircnet.net">
irc.us.ircnet.net</a> #NetBSD but the server seems to be down. If you need =
anymore information just ask. Oh and to warn you I am a complete newbie. Ev=
erything I am doing is new to me/learning expierence I have little or now I=
dea what exactly is going on. I have just been following the suggestions of=
f the IRC and from the following guides:
netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html</a><br><a href=3D"http://mail-index.netbsd=
.org/port-macppc/2004/01/19/0000.html">http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-ma=
cppc/2004/01/19/0000.html
</a><br><a href=3D"http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2004/01/19/0000=