Subject: Re: 3400 or G3 powerbook
To: None <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: David H.Gutteridge <dhgutteridge@sympatico.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/17/2006 12:24:56
>It seems that either a 3400 or one of the various G3 powerbooks would
>be a good match.  In my case cheap is important since it's the carry
>around system and I don't want to care that it gets dropped,
>"borrowed," etc.  Are there any problems with NetBSD on either of
>these?

>I'm leaning towards a G3 of some sort since the 3400s would have to be
>quite cheap to make up for the slower performance.

Depending upon the features you're looking for, I would recommend an
original iBook.  I have an iBook SE, and it's like a tank, I've never
had a single problem with it.  I've run NetBSD on it for a few years
now.  Right now I'm using 3.0, and everything "just works" except
audio (which I don't care about).  If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Dave