Subject: Re: Unable to boot from Open Firmware
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Dale Offret Jr. <maquaro@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/19/2006 06:49:07
Mike,

I appreciate the suggestions.

> I've found a workaround.
> For some strange reason this version of OF3 doesn't properly load
> ofwboot.xcf from the CD. To get around it do this:
> - copy ofwboot.xcf to your HFS(+) partition

I don't have an HFS partition.  I don't have a MACOSX cd, nor do I know
anybody who has one.  The netbsd pdisk util cores everytime I touch the
drive with it.

> - boot hd:ofwboot.xcf cd:0/NETBSD.MACPPC;1
> Or boot over the network ( boot enet:0 ) - all it needs is DHCP, a TFTP
> server that knows about ofwboot.xcf and an NFS server with the kernel
> and so on.

I want the box to boot on its own and not have to handle the extra TFTP
and NFS mounting.

I have installed OpenBSD instead.  I installes a FAT or FAT32 partition
as 'i' in it's partition list that boots the OFWBoot file from.

Thanks again.

Dale