Subject: Re: Sound and battery on powerbook
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <ehainry@free.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/09/2006 17:48:37
Magnus Henoch said:

> ehainry@free.fr writes:
>
> > I just installed NetBSD-3.0 on a powerbook 12'' (from 2004, not the
> > latest but the one just before). After some tries, I still cannot
> > make it play sounds. I have included awacs, ki2c and snapper in the
> > kernel, but I still get some "device not configured" errors.
>
> Did you uncomment "audio* at awacs?" also?

Yes, I did that. (and also audio* at snapper, but snapper does not appear in dmesg, so, I guess awacs is the good driver even if it does not work...)

> > Also, I am afraid that the battery is not well handled.
>
> The message "battery ... not configured" in dmesg is harmless.  Type
> "apm" at the prompt, and it should print battery status.

May the adapter be connected or not, apm always says

% apm
Battery charge state: CRITICAL
Battery remaining: 0 percent (0 minutes)
A/C adapter state: connected
Power management enabled

> Then again, "apm0 ... 0% charged" is bad.  Try updating to version
> 1.26 of src/sys/arch/macppc/dev/pm_direct.c.

OK, I will try that

Thanks for your help,

Emmanuel