Subject: Re: http://www.vesalia.com/e_pegasos2.htm?froogle=us#os
To: David H.Gutteridge <dhgutteridge@sympatico.ca>
From: William Duke <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/08/2006 08:21:08
> From: David H.Gutteridge <dhgutteridge@sympatico.ca>
> Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 1:46:04 -0500
> To: <netbsd@KB3IEN.US>, <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
> Subject: RE: http://www.vesalia.com/e_pegasos2.htm?froogle=us#os
>
> Interesting that the website lists OpenBSD among the OSes "in final stages of
> being ported", but the OpenBSD website indicates otherwise (it was ported, but
> is no longer supported):
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/pegasos.html
>
> And the OpenBSD developer who worked on it doesn't make things sound too rosy:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=108028112117093&w=2

Not really that interesting.   I've come to recognize that BSD people, for
the most part, are big picture people.   There is a small core of folk that
fuss and obsess over the details, but by and large, BSD folk are mostly big
picture.   That's been my observation anyway.

When you're new to the BSD OSes, like I was, and still am, the "big picture"
mentality can be quite frustrating.  In time, though, you will learn to
accept and appreciate the whole "big picture" mentality of the open source
community.