Subject: Re: OF trouble with TurboMax IDE controller
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: colin <sapote@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/26/2005 14:56:33
Hello Michael,

Thanks for the reply.  I am pretty sure that the children are 'sd'.  I
believe that these older PCI cards are 'faking' their identity as scsi
controllers.  Under MacOS in the System Profiler, the card shows up as
"SCSI Bus 2" (0 and 1 being the motherboard buses.)  In OF, when I
type dev / ls, underneath the /ACard,850UF@F listing, /sd@0,0 is
listed.  I have noticed that the only thing ever listed there is
/sd@0,0 - even if I have 2 disks correctly configured as master and
slave attached to the controller.

I will try the node name disk and see if that helps out OF and report
back to the list.  Thank you for the idea!  Colin