Subject: Re: NetBSD and yaboot ??
To: pancake <pancake@phreaker.net>
From: dixie <dixieml@imap.cc>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/24/2005 13:39:38
pancake wrote:

>Works perfectly :), So , it would be good to fix the original yaboot bootstrap files instead of the yet installed. To fix the 'ybin' issue. BTW it works :)
>

>On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 09:53:38 +0100
>"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <jmmv84@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>On 12/17/05, Niels S. Eliasen <nse@ruc.dk> wrote:
>>

>>>hi guys
>>>
>>>Anyone got an example of a yaboot.conf that will boot NetBSD ??
>>>All the various examples all mention "ofwboot" and not "ofwboot.xcf"....
>>>
>>>Any help is greatly appreciated!
>>>

>>I updated the macppc FAQ yesterday with detailed instructions on this
>>topic; see:
>>
>>http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#yaboot
>>
>>If you find anything missing or incorrectly specified, please let me know.
>>
>>HTH,
>>
>>--
>>Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
>>The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/
>>The NetBSD Project - http://www.NetBSD.org/

Nice topic, I solved symlinking netbsd to bsd :)
Anyway can anyone boot 3.99.14 kernel?
The one built from yesterday updated srcs gives me at OF prompt:

DECREMENTER EXCEPTION AT    %SRR0:      001017cc      %SRR1:      00080030
if I'm using ofwboot.xcf, and

INVALID MEMORY ACCESS AT      %SRR0:      001017cc      %SRR1:      00080030
if using ybin's ofwboot.

--

	dixie

I'm here only to improve my Inglisc.