Subject: Re: XFree86 config file for iBook SE (clamshell graphite model)
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: David H.Gutteridge <dhgutteridge@sympatico.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/23/2005 20:56:17
Me again.

I thought I might add some additional comments about this config.

I've always ran X at a depth of 16 bits (that's how the config was set when
I got my hands on it), but I thought I'd try changing that setting to
24, to see what happened.  When I made the change, weird things
started happening with mouse interaction.  It was registering clicks
when I wasn't clicking, and not registering them when I was.
Pull-down menus in applications like AbiWord and XEmacs didn't work,
they'd display but wouldn't let me hover over the options, rather
they'd disappear when I tried to select something (yet sometimes act
like they were still present if I tried clicking).  I'm not too
fussed about this though, it works fine at 16, and I'm moving to 3.0
shortly, I'll see what happens then.

Also, apparently the provenance of it was via OpenBSD as it refers
to ttyC0 rather than ttyE0 (never noticed that until I sent the last
email).

Dave