Subject: sysinst says disk not found on a PowerPC 6500/250 (checking termination)
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Sean Faber <neocorate@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/23/2005 08:28:00
Hello.

I was so excited to pass the "milestone" and actually
get a prompt on an old mac, but sysinst can't find my
hard disk.

dmesg says

scsibus0 at mesh0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle

netBSD manual said to see the macppc FAQ.
macppc FAQ said that if sysinst could see scsibus0,
but couldn't read the disk that I should "check the
termination".
  I don't know how to do this.  I remember vaguely
what termination meant when daisy-chaning a bunch of
external SCSI devices.  I don't know what it means for
an internal hard drive.  There is also a Zip drive on
the same bus it looks like.  The hard drive has always
loaded MacOS 7.5.3 well.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com