Subject: Re: iBook P1 boot device?
To: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/04/2005 17:59:00
New World (OpenFirmware > 3) machines can't boot in this manner. They need
to boot from an HFS/HFS+/MSDOS partition with an Apple Partition Map. Just
using sysinst does not a bootable system make on new world
machines, unfortunately.

Then you need to get ofwboot.xcf and the kernel onto that partition to
boot. I'm sure someone has a procedure for this in the install notes or
on the web.

--
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.