Subject: Problem with auto-boot on NewWorld machine.
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: None <spamcop@smurfturf.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/27/2005 14:52:11
I've been having with weird problem with auto-boot on a PM G4
DigitalAudio.
I can boot in my install (which has been running for about a month
now) using the following command in the OpenFirmware (OF)
 > boot hd:,\ofwboot.xcf
These will work to.
 > boot hd:2,\ofwboot.xcf
 > boot hd:2,\ofwboot.xcf netbsd
if I set any of these to the boot-device I can then simply run "boot"
to start up netbsd the machine will boot fine on my install.
But then, if i set auto-boot to true, reset-all... the machine will
go in a frantic reboot state and keep rebooting until I zap the pram.
I've tried setting the boot-file (although according to the doc it
doesn't seem mandatory) to no avail.
I've tried a few different device aliases... I also tried full
hardware path (as they are listed by devalias as listing all hardware
will result in the information being scrolled above the screen).

Any ideas?

Matth