Subject: Re: Unofficial macppc 2.1 ISO for old world machines
To: A. Khattri <ajai@bway.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/22/2005 18:47:38
--LwW0XdcUbUexiWVK

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 11:08:09AM -0500, A. Khattri wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, William Duke wrote:
>=20
> > If you have another Unix box with X installed, you can run X software on
> > your headless Mac quite easily.  All you need to do, is telnet to your
> > headless Mac and set the display to your Unix box running X.
>=20
> Ugh - noone should be using telnet.

Actually, I'd put it as no one should be casually suggesting other folks=20
use telnet.

It's obvious from the thread that some folks understand the risks=20
associated with telnet and when it is and isn't the right thing to use.=20
Great!

However we have new folks on the list. The internet is, IMO, well past the=
=20
point where telnet should be mentioned casually. So please don't. :-)

Take care,

Bill

--LwW0XdcUbUexiWVK

--LwW0XdcUbUexiWVK--