Subject: Re: Unofficial macppc 2.1 ISO for old world machines
To: D=?ISO-8859-1?B?9m32dPZyIEd1bHnh?=s <dog@dog4.dyndns.org>
From: William Duke <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/19/2005 09:05:48
What is it that you're trying to install on?  I have NetBSD running on a
PM7300/200 and Linux running on a PM7200/90, and both work fine.  I'm havin=
a bit of trouble getting the X server on the Linux box running, but that's
due to my unfamiliarity with Linux.   Once I do some homework and configure
my Linux box properly, I don't expect I'll have any further problems with
the X server.

NetBSD is a breeze to install and get working.  I've never seen a Unix that
is any easier.  I did have some early problems with sysinst and the builtin
mc0 driver, but once I stuck another nic in the pci slot, I had no further
network problems.