Subject: Power Mac 7200 with sonnet Tech G3 upgrade card
To: <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: je killen <jekillen@prodigy.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/15/2005 17:18:23
That last series of questions related to 7200/90 sparked interest here.
I have a 7200/120 with Sonnet Technologies G3 upgrade card that
installs into the cache slot.
This upgrade card has it's own RAM slots so the machine has a total of
about 180 Mb of Ram at present. I also would rather do NetBSD rather
than Linux.
So, has anyone had any experience with this type of setup (preferably
successful experience)?.
I have several older Macs that can't or won't run OSX and they work
fine, I'd like to get them going with NetBSD to do odd jobs around my
network, like DNS, database servers
and back end web servers behind a reverse proxy (which is going to be a
FreeBSD machine, as PC parts are cheaper than a new Mac, even
considering the Mini,).
Thanks in advance
jekillen