Subject: Re: Install netbsd on slave disk (whole disk)
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Nuno Teixeira <nunotex@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/13/2005 16:46:01
Hi,

I've tried to install netbsd using "reinstall sets" but netbsd
doesn't recognise the partitions that I created with pdisk:

=====
Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/disk1'
#:                type name       length   base    ( size )
1: Apple_partition_map Apple          63 @ 1
2:           Apple_HFS Apple_HFS  204800 @ 64      (100.0M)
3:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 root       204800 @ 204864  (100.0M)
4:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 usr       6291456 @ 409664  (  3.0G)
5:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap      1739872 @ 6701120 (849.5M)

Device block size=512, Number of Blocks=8440992 (4.0G)
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0
====

I used newfs to format ufs partitions.

For what I've read only netbsd current can read ufs partitions. There
is other way to fix this? Should I use other way to format netbsd
partitions?

Thanks very much,

	Nuno Teixeira

On 2005/11/13, at 15:26, Michael wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> I'm trying to install netbsd on a PPC G4 AGP with 2 drives: one with
>> MacOSX and the second drive for NetBSD.
>>
>> I have made several instalations but I can't boot netbsd.
>>
>> Could every one help me and give me some tips?
>
> Sure, but "doesn't boot" isn't enough, we need a few more details,
> like:
> - what exactly happens / doesn't happen?
> - which NetBSD?
> - where and how exactly are the drives connected?
>
> have fun
> Michael

Nuno Teixeira