Subject: Re: trouble booting daily build
To: Pangrazio, Robert Thomas (UMR-Student) <rtp6xc@umr.edu>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/07/2005 10:33:52
Hello,

> I have a Umax s900 with OFW 1.0.5. I was previously running 2.0.2 on
> the machine and wanted to try current for several reasons. After I
> installed current, using the same process as 2.0.2 my machine refuses
> to boot. The process I used was to use sysinst to basically do
> everything. I am trying to setup a partition zero boot loader. As I
> understand it nothing should change in my OFW settings. When I type
> boot, it just hangs. I don't recieve any response what so ever. I have
> reinstalled, and I have low level formatted the harddrive.
>
> Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Looks like the bootblocks didn't install properly for some reason, it
definitely forks here ( also S900, -current from a couple weeks ago )
Maybe installing them again will fix it. Btw - with newer bootblocks you
don't need to change REAL-BASE or LOAD-BASE anymore, try to revert them
to factory settings and see if that helps.

have fun
Michael