Subject: Re: Unable to boot into firmware for G3 blue / white for install
To: Dale Offret Jr. <maquaro@yahoo.com>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/01/2005 13:06:47
I'm not up on the exact technical details but not all USB keyboards
work before the OS is loaded. For instance, I paid like $60 for a
Logitech Elite keyboard because it said specifically on the box that
it was MacOS compatible only to later find out that none of the snag
keys work, I can't get into the firmware and Logitech knew about this
and has no plans to a.) let anyone other than me know b.) fix it c.)
take it back. Now the ultimate irony is that a cheap Dell USB
keyboard works fine. I'm using one with dell part number 06H257. It's
listed as Dell USB 7HK Keyboard with manufacturer "NMB", PID 0x2001,
VID 0x413c.

I don't know if it just doesn't have USB Debug support or it is some
type of legacy emulation, but not all keyboards have it, and the only
ones you can count on working are the original Apple Bondi and 5
fruity flavor keyboards apparently.