Subject: Unable to boot into firmware for G3 blue / white for install
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Dale Offret Jr. <maquaro@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/01/2005 11:46:36
I'm trying to install 2.0.2 from a CD to a completely blank hard drive.
I have been unsuccessful in booting into OpenFirmware.  A few details of
the computer, may be something or many not be anything.   The hard drive
is on it's own ide channel in "Cable Select" mode.  The machine does not
make the bwaaaah sound when powered up.  I am using a non-Macintosh USB
keyboard, one that has the Windows key and not the Macintosh specific
keys.  When after powering on, the Caps Lock light turns on and stays
lit no matter what I press on the keyboard.  The computer ends up
booting to a screen with a blue background color and a folder in the
middle with a question mark and 2 smiley face changing every 2 seconds.

Thanks for any advice,

Dale Offret Jr.