Subject: Re: Driver for the trackpad on new PowerBooks (and iBooks?)
To: Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr>
From: Johan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Wall=E9n?= <johan@tcs.hut.fi>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/30/2005 16:29:04
Hi,

Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr> writes:

> I just tested it on my powerbook 12' (the kernel booded this time,
> but this is another problem)
> The trackpad is detected, but it is far from being usable. The mouse
> pointer just moves without order, but it is a first step. The button
> works well.

I think I was able to reproduce the problem of my 15 inch PowerBook:
there are two points on the left side of the trackpad where some types
of finger movements causes the pointer to jump randomly, but mostly
horizontally.  By ignoring two of the sensors on the trackpad, this
problem seems to go away.  I really should figure out the meaning of
these two sensors, but meanwhile, you could try the new version at

  http://www.tcs.hut.fi/~johan/netbsd/macppc/pbms.c

.  If this does not solve your problems, are the random movements small
fluctuations or larger jumps, and are they mostly vertical or
horizontal?  Does the problem only occur when you touch certain parts
of the trackpad?

-- Johan