Subject: How netbsd-macppc use the BAT MMU
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Noah yan <noah.yan@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/26/2005 21:58:14
------=_Part_46451_2971184.1130381894501

I am studying netbsd code for power mac g4. I am curious how netbsd use the
BAT MMU.
The address translation of BAT MMU is parallel with that of segment/page
MMU. BAT MMU is known as superpages in other architecture.
I am not good at the kernel coding part, hope that my questions share the
common fundermental with you and no stupid.

Here is my questions:
Is the kernel turn BAT MMU on? if so, a BAT array have been setup for that,
which part of the netbsd code does this?
If BAT MMU is used, how about segment/page address translation in kernel, i=
this also enabled and page table is setup?

If both BAT and seg/page are enabled, how the kernel make sure that the
correct one is used in adress translation?

Thanks in advance.
Noah

------=_Part_46451_2971184.1130381894501

I am studying netbsd code for power mac g4. I am curious how netbsd use the=
 BAT MMU. <br>
The address translation of BAT MMU is parallel with that of
segment/page MMU. BAT MMU is known as superpages in other architecture.
I am not good at the kernel coding part, hope that my questions share the c=
ommon fundermental with you and no stupid. <br>
Here&nbsp; is my questions:<br>
Is the kernel turn BAT MMU on? if so, a BAT array have been setup for that,=
 which part of the netbsd code does this?<br>
If BAT MMU is used, how about segment/page address translation in kernel, i=
s this also enabled and page table is setup? <br>
If both BAT and seg/page are enabled, how the kernel make sure that the cor=
rect one is used in adress translation?<br>
Thanks in advance.<br>
Noah<br>

------=_Part_46451_2971184.1130381894501--