Subject: Re: Hi there - trouble with OpenFirmware ofwboot 2.4 (beige power
To: Christian M=?ISO-8859-1?B?/A==?=ller <cmue81@gmx.de>
From: William Duke <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/26/2005 12:07:15
I don't know about the beige G3, but I was able to do a successfull install
of 2.0.2 on my 7300/200 using the floppies.  It went really smooth and easy
once I replaced my ethernet interface mc0 with vr0.

I can sympathize with you on the documentation; I found it somewhat lacking
myself.   I didn't find that it was misleading as much as I found that it
appeared incomplete.   Some portions of the documentation require the user
to do a lot of extrapolation and/or additional research from third sources.
However, it is important to remember that it is volunteers that create this
stuff for us, and we should be thankful that we even have anything.

Regards,

William