Subject: G3 PowerBook
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Neal Nelson <nealie@kobudo.homeunix.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/25/2005 19:12:11
I've been trying to install NetBSD 2.0.2 onto an original PowerBook G3.
After many attempts to get it to boot I gave up and installed 1.6.2
which worked fine. I then tried to do a binary upgrade to -current but
this has failed. When I try to boot, the second stage boot loader runs
but then I get a CATCH!.

Does NetBSD 2 actually still run on G3s or should I just give up? Maybe
there's an easier way to upgrade from 1.6.2 as I was following the
current documentation on the web site.

If anyone has any ideas about this I'd like to know as I have this old
PowerBook that I want to use but it's proving troublesome.