Subject: Re: After Gnome, Keyboard goodfy, no audio
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Greg Evans <greg.evans7@verizon.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/20/2005 17:41:32
Hi Michael,

Sorry for the lack of information regarding versions...so here goes:

NetBSD 2.1_RC5 (kernel compiled with the fast console option and the
OFB_FAKE_VGA_FB option)
XFree86 version 4.40
Keyboard driver was set to "keyboard" so I changed it to "kbd" and
rebooted. I put 'xmodmap -e "keycode 190 = BackSpace"' into
my .xinitrc, and that seems to work just fine. as do my up, and left/
right arrows now :)

I guess now keyboard-wise I am just down to getting a middle and
right mouse button.  I saw something about this, and added what I
thought were the proper keycodes to a ~/.xmodmaprc but they were not
working, so I disabled it. Perhaps they would work when I re-enable
it now?

Thanks

Greg