Subject: scsi problem
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: admin@agnus.datazap.net <admin@agnus.datazap.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/14/2005 12:23:14
Hi,

This is with my G3 Blue & White. I have an Adaptec 2940 SCSI card.

It seemed to work fine when I only had one scsi drive, but now that I have
2 drives both with acard scsi to ide bridges I seem to have a problem as
soon as I ask it to do 2 things at once.

This is the error that I am getting:

sd0(ahc0:0:0:0): SCB 19 - timeout in Command phase, SEQADDR == 0x165
SCSIRATE == 0x95
sd0(dhc0:0:0:0): BDR message in message buffer
trap type 200 at 111014
Press a key to panic.

This looks like it is a known problem with adaptec cards. I was wondering
if someone could recomend a scsi card that is known to work?

Also, I was wondering if upgrading to 2.0 would help?

Thanks,
Al