Subject: bm* on blue & white PowerMac G3
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/11/2005 15:15:56
Hi,

I have a blue & white PowerMac G3 revision 1 motherboard in a 1U case,
colocated a few thousand miles away. Now that it's there, I'm seeing a
problem with the ethernet. When I do an scp or an rsync over ssh (tested
from several different machines), I get this after a while:

Received disconnect from 69.60.112.51: 2: Corrupted MAC on input.

The last time I saw this (a LONG time ago), I think it was happening
because of a bad network cable (or at least that's what I was told was
replaced in order to fix the problem).

Another interesting thing is that when I switched the interface from 100
Mbps to 10 Mbps, it started running much faster (250k - 500k/sec, from
40k - 50k/sec), and the problem hasn't happened for several hours now
(from happening within 5 minutes).

I'd be more inclined to do more testing, but it's pretty far away, so I
thought I'd get some feedback first. Anyone?

John Klos