Subject: Re: Ummm...
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/11/2005 08:33:17
Hi,

> which branch is this kernel from?

netbsd-2.

While at first it didn't occur to me, it seems it may be a filesystem
corruption issue. I had rearranged partitions on one of the drives before
the move (unmounted, swapoff'd, disklabeled, newfs'd, swapon'd, mounted),
but I'm wondering if the in-kernel disklabel didn't get updated, so the
newfs went about its business on the wrong part of the disk and the
filesystem shared space with the swap. It hasn't happened since I
unmounted that filesystem and removed that swap device.

The only other change is that the total amount of swap went from 1.5 gigs
to 2 gigs (on a system that has 2 gigs of memory). But I've done 2+2 gigs
before.

Thanks,
John