Subject: Trouble installing on 7300/200
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: William Duke <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/10/2005 18:15:57
I'm having difficulty doing an FTP installation on my 7300/200.   The
problem is that the 7300 establishes a really slow connection with the FTP
server and transfers the files at a paltry rate of between 0.48kb/sec and
1.49kb/sec.   I've checked my ethernet connection and my internet service
and everything appears to be working fine.   I tried using the internet
under Mac OS on my 7300, and everything is peachy keen.

I'm wondering if there is a bug or a known problem in the boot floppies that
will cause the 7300 to establish ftp connections at very slow speeds?   I've
been up and down the 7300 like an elevator and there does not appear to be
any problems with my 7300, my internet service, or my LAN.  Everything is
fine, and I only experience problems while doing the "ftp" portion of the
installation.

Any ideas?