Subject: Re: hardware monitors on newer iBooks/PowerBooks
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/08/2005 14:00:48
On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 07:44:52PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> > accelerometer at ki2c0 address 0xb0 not configured
>=20
> Hmm, this is probably the motion sensor. Could you please have a look
> which properties the OF node defines?  Since I don't know how familiar
> you are with OpenFirmware:=20
I know only how to boot netbsd, so, well, it helps a lot ;-)
> dev /uni_n/ki2c/i2c-bus/accelerometer=20
> .properties

I had to change the ki2c to i2c, and got:

name         accelerometer
device_type  accelerometer
compatible   AAPL, accelerometer_1
             accelerometer

builtin
reg 00000000b0
=2E..

platform-accel-int-1 /pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/gpio@50/accelerator-1@13
platform-accel-int-2 /pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/gpio@50/accelerator-2@14

>=20
> the most interesting bit is the 'compatible' property, it will hopefully
> tell us what kind of device this really is and maybe help me find a
> datasheet.
>=20
> > iic1 at ki2c1: I2C bus
> > codec at ki2c1 address 0x6a not configured
>=20
> Same here - please tell us what the compatible property of this thing
> says. It's probably the mixer part of the audio chip.
> ( try this:
> dev mac-io
> dev ki2c/i2c-bus/codec
> .properties
> )

For this one, aain, replacing ki2c by i2c:
name        codec
device_type codec
compatible  tas3004
            codec

reg         0000006a
platform-do-tas-codec-ref  /pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/i2s-a@1000/sound
   080000000 00000027 <- null function

Of course, both probably contains typos, since i copied it by hand ;-(

Thanks,
antoine