Subject: Current state of NetBSD on iBook G4
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Maicon Stihler <mrkung@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/07/2005 21:01:51
------=_Part_1999_8510956.1128744111008

Hi,

im completely newbie about NetBSD on powerpc and I am specially interested
on the iBook G4 model, late 2004. Ive been reading the info on the port
official site, but it is still no clear to me what is the current state of
NetBSD on the specific model. Im a bit confused about ADB keyboards, I read
somewhere that its not possible to install a BSD on a iBook with ADB, excep=
if a use an external usb keyboard. Is this real, or is it possible to
install NetBSD on the iBook G4 using its integrated keyboard? I wanted to
know too what is the current suport for sleep/suspend and all the advanced
energy consumption functions to make the battery stay charged for a long
time.

Thank you in advance
Maicon Stihler

ps. cant wait to put a NetBSD on this iBook and have that nice feeling that
`of course it runs NetBSD` ;)

------=_Part_1999_8510956.1128744111008

Hi,<br>
im completely newbie about NetBSD on powerpc and I am specially
interested on the iBook G4 model, late 2004. Ive been reading the info
on the port official site, but it is still no clear to me what is the
current state of NetBSD on the specific model. Im a bit confused about
ADB keyboards, I read somewhere that its not possible to install a BSD
on a iBook with ADB, except if a use an external usb keyboard. Is this
real, or is it possible to install NetBSD on the iBook G4 using its
integrated keyboard? I wanted to know too what is the current suport
for sleep/suspend and all the advanced energy consumption functions to
make the battery stay charged for a long time.<br>
Thank you in advance<br>
Maicon Stihler<br>
ps. cant wait to put a NetBSD on this iBook and have that nice feeling that=
 `of course it runs NetBSD` ;)<br>

------=_Part_1999_8510956.1128744111008--