Subject: Re: hardware monitors on newer iBooks/PowerBooks
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/07/2005 20:46:31
--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 08:50:14AM -0400, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> if you have a recent Apple laptop and hardware monitoring doesn't work
Yes, that's just my case ;-)
> please check your dmesg output for something like this:
>=20
> ki2c0 at uni_n0 address 0xf8001000
> iic0 at ki2c0: I2C bus
> i2c-bus at ki2c0 address 0x1 not configured
I had that (was in the thread about touchpad for newer macs)
>=20
> Apple shuffled OF device nodes around again and apparently i2c devices
> now aren't attached to the ki2c node anymore but to a separate
> 'i2c-bus'. The attached patch should take care of that, it will check if
> the ki2c controller in question has a child named 'i2c-bus' and if so
> look for i2c-devices there.
Amazing ! Hope it works
> Since I don't have the hardware I can't test it, all I can say is it
> /should/ work and it still works on my iBook G4 so please try it.
Sure, let's test it !

Now in my dmesg:

[snip]
uni_n0 at mainbus0 address 0xf8000000
hw-clock at uni_n0 not configured
ki2c0 at uni_n0 address 0xf8001000
iic0 at ki2c0: I2C bus
adt7467c0 at ki2c0 ADT7467 thermal monitor and fan controller
accelerometer at ki2c0 address 0xb0 not configured
[snip]
abtn0 at adb0 addr 7: buttons
apm0 at adb0: battery flags 0x5, 66% charged
battery at obio0 offset 0x0 not configured
backlight at obio0 offset 0xf300 not configured
ki2c1 at obio0
iic1 at ki2c1: I2C bus
codec at ki2c1 address 0x6a not configured
[snip]
>=20
> have fun
$ envstat
 case temperature  CPU temperature  GPU temperature         voltage0       =
      fan0
             degC             degC             degC                V       =
       RPM
            46.00            58.00            44.00             1.45       =
      3043

> Michael
Thank you, it looks great !

Antoine