Subject: Re: port-macppc/30410 (MCHK panics)
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/26/2005 09:30:19
Chuck Silvers wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'd like to fix this, but it has never happened on my machine.
> I'm kinda wondering if it's related to the powersave errata that
> was just brought up again.  could you try setting the global "powersave"
> to 0 and see if that makes any difference?  the code for that is in
> cpu_subr.c:cpu_setup().
>
> also, if people could mail me dmesgs from any machines that have the problem,
> that may be enlightening.

hi,

fixing this would be fantastic! :)

i have a machine that runs into that problem (please see [1] and [2] for
the later mails on that problem and [3] for the dmesg)...

altho the machine is not in use at this moment (back in it's original
package), i'd like to bring it up again for research on this.

i furthermore can provide serial access from another NetBSD machine to
debug this thing.

cheers,

timo

[1] -- http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2005/04/03/0003.html