Subject: Pismo Powerbook w/ Dead LCD...
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Evans <greg.evans7@verizon.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/25/2005 17:24:17
Hi there,

I have a Pismo Powerbook with a dead LCD screen. It has been hooked
up to a CRT and running MacOS X without problem since 10.0 came
out :)  Currently I am considering putting NetBSD on it, now that I
have replaced it with a Mac Mini :).

My question is, will I be able to have an working "X" (preferably
running Gnome) on the CRT? I ask because I have currently tried to
install 2 separate Linux distributions on it (SuSe 10 and Ubuntu),
but am unable to get a working "X". I am prety comfortable with
NetBSD having used it on everything from an LCII on up. The Linux
install was basically an experiment that has not worked well, but I
just wondered if I would have the same problem with NetBSD before I
took the time to install it :)

Thanks

Greg