Subject: Re: re : Which version
To: Mauro <mcepeda@ualberta.ca>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/22/2005 10:12:33
> boot cd;,\ofboot.xcf netbsd.macppc initially for install.
> and
> boot cd:,ofwboot.xcf hd:9,/netbsd post install.  I believe this circumvents
> any need to necessitate a HFS+ bootloader partition.  Of course you need to
> know the partition number on which netbsd is install on.  'diskutil list' in
> term in OS X will tell you this.

There are two issues with that:

1) if you're booting from a 1.6.2 cd, then the ofwboot.xcf version will be
too old to boot a 2.whatever kernel.

2) you have to leave the cd in the drive, and burn a new cd if / when you
want to upgrade ofwboot.xcf.

If that's fine with you, then the cd idea would be fine. But if you did
use an HFS partition, I believe it'd be better to be HFS, not extended
(+), so you could use hfstools to mount it from NetBSD in case you wanted
to update ofwboot.xcf or whatever.

John Klos