Subject: installing: BAD SUPER BLOCK
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Dominic Williams <netbsd@dominicwilliams.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/26/2005 22:40:44
Hi,

A few weeks ago I enquired here about booting a powerbook G3
(OF 2.0.1) from the macppc official 2.0.2 CD. I never did
succeed, so I tried with floppies and that worked!

So I can now get into sysinstall... I presume, having gone
to all the trouble of making the partitions beforehand from
within Mac OS 9 with Drive Setup, that I choose "Upgrade"
rather than "Install"?

However, when I select "Upgrade", I get the following error:

/dev/rwd0a: BAD SUPER BLOCK: CAN'T FIND SUPERBLOCK
/dev/rwd0a: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck_ffs MANUALLY

What does this mean, and how should I solve it?

Should I be bypassing sysinstall and doing something
manually from the shell? If so where can I find instructions
on that?

Thanks for any help,

Dominic Williams.