Subject: Re: XFree86 on an iMac
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: leo <leonardo.disanto@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/19/2005 11:43:00
On 8/19/05, Nathan Whitehorn <nathanw@uchicago.edu> wrote:
> I've been having fun with a G3 All-in-one and NetBSD over the last
> couple weeks. The new kernel with MachFB (finally!) displays a working
> console with color. The old text OF console had weird shadowing (bright
> line to the left of all black). When I run X with any resolution other
> than 640x480x8 at 60 Hz, 31.5 kHz (i.e. the VGA mode at which we're
> already running), the shadowing reappears and the colors go screwy.
> It's probably a similar problem to the iMac issue -- did you try this
> mode?

just tried, but nothing changed the monitor goes off as ever

it is possible to to build the xserver with debugging information and
then launch it with gdb (from another machine) ? maybe I can see where
exacty the monitor goes off, I have never debugged such a big program
and I understand that it have a  platform indipendent dynamic loader
too...

Leonardo