Subject: Problem making pkgs on Powerbook Bronze
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthieu Lalonde <xsmurf@smurfturf.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/08/2005 18:24:21
Hello, I'm having a weird problem. I got NetBSD 2.0.2 to boot and run
just fine on my PowerBook Bronze 333mhz. Now I want to install new
pkgs so I get the pkgsrc tar file and unarchive it on the disc (/usr/
pkgsrc), go to pkgtools/pkg_install and then make clean & make
install. The problem is it will always freeze at some point while
making. I have the same problem with pkgsrc/bootstrap/boostrap. No
error are given and a hard restart is needed. I figured maybe 2.0.2
didn't like my machine (although it's listed as perfectly
compatible). So I decided to install 1.6.1. Same thing! Now I really
can't see what is wrong with the machine. It's perfectly stable under
OS X. The only modification to it was remove the internal modem for
various unrelated reasons. As anyone had similar experience? If so,
how did you fix it.

Thanks
Matth