Subject: accel
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Mauro <mcepeda@ualberta.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/07/2005 13:19:41
--Apple-Mail-2--893706426

X on iMac DV crashes with accel enabled.

X just crashed sometime after enabling dri and glx in XF86config file.
As a side note, xtt keeps X from starting.
I believe this to be a problems with dri or glx as ubuntu with xfree86
had the same freezing problem.  They used Xfree 4.3, although netbsd
2.0 is now using  XFree86 4.4.0.  Yellowdog 4 also had this problem
using Xorg server 6.6.  Ubuntu no longer has this problem on some iMac
machines using X.org 6.8.2.

My point is that I can't credit this problem to the linux kernel (as I
previously thought) since this freeze also happens on nbsd.

Is this an ongoing problem that is identified with plans to correct,
perhaps with a move to xorg 6.8.2?

Andres
--Apple-Mail-2--893706426

enabled.

X just crashed sometime after enabling dri and glx in XF86config file.
As a side note, xtt keeps X from starting.

I believe this to be a problems with dri or glx as ubuntu with xfree86
had the same freezing problem.  They used Xfree 4.3, although netbsd
2.0 is now using  XFree86 4.4.0.  Yellowdog 4 also had this problem
using<x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger>Xorg server 6.6.  Ubuntu no longer
has this problem on some iMac machines using <x-tad-smaller>X.org

point is that I can't credit this problem to the linux kernel (as I
previously thought) since this freeze also happens on nbsd.

</color>